Stonewall Mini Soccer
Hello everyone and welcome to another exciting year of soccer!
NEW THIS YEAR!!!
CHILDREN IN U3&4 and U5&6 MUST HAVE A GUARDIAN OR DESIGNATED GUARDIAN PRESENT AT ALL TIMES DURING PRACTISE & GAME. CHILDREN CANNOT BE LEFT ALONE. IF A CHILD DOES NOT HAVE A GUARDIAN PRESENT THEY WILL NOT PLAY.
Days of week: Mondays & Wednesdays
Location: Stonewall Soccer Complex (next to VMSC)
Format: Half hour of practise/drills followed by half hour game.
Season: May & June
Start Date: Beginning of May (dependent on weather)
Refunds: Will only be given up to the first game.
- We go with Tim Hortons again so kids will get jerseys, and a ball
- Shin guards are mandatory
- Cleats are optional
- Please have your child bring a water bottle to each game.
(These age groups mean you are turning that age this year)
- The 3 & 4 year olds are 2016 & 2017
- The 5 & 6 year olds are 2014 & 2015
- The 7 & 8 year olds are 2012 & 2013
- 2011 and up are to be registered on Travel Teams.
- There is No playing up or down in age groups.
- Please note that we will not be taking any request to play on specific teams with friends, etc.
- We will be starting at the beginning of May depending on the weather and the fields.
- We will run Mondays & Wednesdays from 6-7pm on the Stonewall Soccer fields
- In mini soccer we expect parents to parent their children (both on and off) so that coaches can just be there to coach. If there is a discipline issue coaches will simply have you come on to the field to deal with it.
- GUARDIAN MUST TAKE THEIR CHILDREN TO THE WASHROOM
- Please remember that the entire soccer committee is volunteer. We do the best we can. If you do have an issue/concern please communicate with us in a respectful manner.
- Please do not switch teams on your own because you are not happy with your group/team. If you have a concern let me know and we will work it out. If you are caught doing this you will be taken out of soccer for the year with NO REFUND.
- Due to the increasing in Mini soccer players and the decreasing in parent volunteer coaches the committee has decided that:
- We will have as many teams as there is coaches.
- There will be no more than 8-10 kids per team (depending on age groups)
- If we do not have enough coaches then we will draw names for spots (obviously if you coach your child is guaranteed a spot) and people will be given refunds if their child’s name is not chosen.
- Please understand that we CANNOT run without coaches. We need about 60 coaches. There needs to be 2 coaches per team.
- We are very flexible when it comes to coaches. Pair up with a friend and then your kids can be on the same team together.
- Never coached before? No problem! We have training sessions prior to the start of soccer. Everything is planned out for you, do literally don’ t have to plan anything. You just have to show up and have fun!
We will send out one email after we receive all the registrations/volunteer coaches names to give everyone one last chance to volunteer as a coach before we draw names for the teams.
Looking forward to a great season!
If you have any questions please feel free to contact us at stonewallsoccer008@gmail.
Also make sure to like our Facebook page for all updates!